Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter Adventures

Alright, I am still learning how to do this whole blog thing... I realize that its been almost a year, however, A. I hardly spend enough time trying to figure it out. 2. I often forget that I have a blog that I want to post on and C. I only remember that I want to blog after several weeks/months then the daunting task of catch up is very overwhelming.....
But I am going to do my best to bring my blog up to date this morning!

I discovered what my calling in life should have been!!!
I know, I really dropped the ball on that one, having never gone ice skating until
I was 24 years old!! But I was quite please with the progress I made
in one evening. I went with my cousin Aub and our fr
iend Erika and some of Erika's friends. I felt like I should be cautious, seeings how I am not a spring chicken anymore and falling on ice is hardly one of my favorite activities.
But after a few go-rou
nds I started to gain confidence!
Watching the little kids spin and speed past I wanted to try it too.... and I was actually starting to get the hang of it and began learning some fun tricks.

After an hour or so (without falling) we were getting ready to wrap up for the night and decided to take a few more spins around the rink. So in my newly acquired "pride mobile" I was gaining speed and came around to pass Aub and E, they clapped and cheered for me
adding to the pride filling my head! Then turning
the next bend the thought crossed my mind,
"I could be and Ice Skating Prodigy!" (yes, that was my exa
ct thought!)


The very next second...........


Needless to say I tumbled (Karma) and luckily the only real injury I obtained was to my EGO with a raspberry on my cheek and chin.... My brain was rattled and I tried to pop up acting like I was fine. Aub and E came to my rescue and we all laughed before they took my arms and made me skate around the rink one more time before we left.
Now the best (or most humiliating) part of the story. Exiting the rink a little girl fell and looked up at me so I smiled at her hoping she would understand its okay to fall sometimes :) and I didn't realize it at the time but her eyes had gotten big -like she recognized me- and she quickly jumped up and ran to her friend. We went to change out of our skates and I still wasn't quite thinking clearly, and continued to laugh making it difficult to untie my skates. Looking up from my skates to wipe my laughing tears away, I notice the little girl who fell and her friend peeking around the corner at me. I got a little self conscious but tried to ignore it because they ran off after that. Still laughing and having a hard time with my skates, I sat with a growing headache and a brain that wasn't very sharp trying to compose myself, when for the second time I noticed the little girls, who had enlisted more friends, peering at me from around the corner!
It was at that moment in frenzied laughter that I burst into tears, My emotional state wasn't very strong at the moment and the humiliation I now felt because a bunch of little girls were mocking me took its toll on my deflated sense of self :(
Although I experience the extremes in self confidence that night, I did enjoy Ice Skating and I do believe that I would like to go again some day!
To prove to myself that my sweet skills were not a fluke!

Thanksgiving: Aub and I were a little nervous that we were going to spend the Holiday alone, together, in our apartment! The weather decided to bring a storm that closed all the roads in Idaho! First thing to be GRATEFUL for; that the roads opened up again the day we wanted to go home! We were able to have dinner at Gma and pa's with all of the cousins who had come home. Second thing to be grateful for: FAMILY. Third thing, THE GOSPEL: I am grateful for who I am and what I have because of the knowledge I have of my Father in Heaven and His Son. Fourth thing. THANKFUL FOR LISTS... Its a tradition in the home of my adopted family and I love it! Everyone can write anything and everything they are thankful for and the list can become quite long! Last thing for this segment: FRIENDS. I have many wonderful people in my life and appreciate the examples of my friends! I know I am a better person because of the friends I have in my life (Long time and newly acquired)

New addition to the Balls Family: My sister Michelle and her husband Chris recently welcomed into their home and sweet little angel; Azaria Kennedy!

She is precious and I wish I lived closer so I could hold her more while she is still little!
On her blessing day we had our entire family there (minus Analee's husband Josh)
It was so fun to see everyone, and feel the love of our family as a whole!
I count my blessings everyday to have the family I have!
Siblings Picture!

Phewf.. This was a long one! I hope to not take forever to post again!


No comments:

Post a Comment